All users of Sherrard, German & Kelly, P.C. (“SGK“) Internet services, including access to the SGK network (the “Services“) agree to and must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy (this “AUP“). SGK does not exercise editorial control or review over the content of any Web site, electronic mail (“e-mail“) transmission, or other material created or accessible over or through the Services; provided, however, that SGK reserves the right to (a) monitor your use of this network and the Services at any time and in any manner, and/or (b) remove, block, filter, or restrict by any other means any materials that, in SGK’s sole discretion, may be illegal, may subject SGK to liability, or which may violate this AUP. SGK may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrong. Violation of this AUP may result in (i) the suspension or termination of either access to the Services and/or SGK account or (ii) legal prosecution, penalties, or enforcement of regulations governing conduct.
The following constitute violations of this AUP (this list is intended to be illustrative and not exhaustive; other uses may violate this AUP and SGK remains the sole and final arbiter of acceptable usage of the Services), as well as further terms of service conditions:
- Illegal Use: Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that, intentionally or unintentionally, violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any rules or regulations promulgated thereunder.
- Harm to Minors: Using the Services to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way.
- Threats: Using the Services to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Harassment: Using the Services to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that harasses another.
- Fraudulent Activity: Using the Services to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services or to advance any type of financial scam such as “pyramid schemes,” “Ponzi schemes”, unregistered sales of securities, securities fraud and “chain letters.”
- Forgery or Impersonation: Adding, removing or modifying identifying network, message, or article header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation.
- Unsolicited Commercial E-mail/Unsolicited Bulk E-mail: Using the Services to transmit any unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk e-mail. Activities that have the effect of facilitating unsolicited commercial e-mail or unsolicited bulk e-mail, whether or not that e-mail is commercial in nature, are prohibited, including situations wherein e-mail is generated by third-party software such as a virus or malware. Using deliberately misleading headers in e-mails sent to multiple parties is prohibited.
- Unauthorized Access: Using the Services to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of SGK’s or another entity’s computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in disruption of service or the corruption or loss of data.
- Copyright or Trademark Infringement: Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Collection of Personal Data: Using the Services to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Reselling the Services: Reselling the Services without SGK’s prior authorization.
- Network Disruptions and Unfriendly Activity: Using the Services for any activity which adversely affects the ability of other people or systems to use the Services or the Internet. This includes excessive consumption of network or system resources whether intentional or unintentional. This also includes “denial of service” (DoS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, network services or network equipment is prohibited. It is each user’s responsibility to ensure that their system is configured, operated, and used in a manner to avoid excessive consumption of network or system resources. It is each user’s responsibility to ensure that its system is configured in a secure manner. A user may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their system for illegal or inappropriate actions. A user may not permit their system, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their system in an illegal or inappropriate manner.
- High Volume, Server Hosting, and Non-Traditional End User Activities: The Services are intended for an end user’s periodic active use of e-mail, instant messaging, browsing the World Wide Web, and other typical end user activities. High volume data transfers, especially sustained high volume data transfers, are prohibited. Hosting a web server, IRC server, or any other server is prohibited. Accordingly, SGK maintains the right to terminate any user’s connection following the detection of any high volume data transfer, server hosting, or non-traditional end user activity as determined by SGK.
SGK requests that anyone who believes that there is a violation of this AUP direct the information to the office manager.
SGK does not in any way assume liability for any damages or losses which may occur as a result of usage of the wireless network, including (but not limited to): (a) damage from viruses, malware or any other software; (b) loss of data; (c) damage to or any other malfunction of hardware; or (d) any financial loss incurred through either usage or lack of availability of the wireless network.
SGK reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this AUP, and its other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. Notice of any revision, amendment, or modification may be posted on SGK’s website. SGK reserves the right to ask users to reaffirm their agreement to this AUP at any time.
To agree with the Terms of Service for the SGK network and connect to the Internet, please click the box next to “I agree to the terms and conditions” on the login page.