Mr. Andersen is a Shareholder and Director of the firm and a member of the firm’s Real Estate, Corporate Services and Construction practice areas.
He counsels companies and individuals in connection with a variety of transactional and risk management matters. Mr. Andersen has extensive experience representing landlords and tenants in the negotiation of ground leases, built-to-suit leases, leases for retail and office space, solar leases and leases that are the subject of development projects. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Andersen was Senior Legal Counsel at an S&P 500 real estate investment trust (REIT), where he assisted the company in the ownership, management, and day-to-day operations of its commercial real estate portfolio, including all aspects of leasing, dispositions, acquisitions, due diligence, disputes, and risk management. Prior to his work at the REIT, Mr. Andersen represented clients at an Am Law 100 firm, where his practice focused on corporate legal matters, including entity formation and governance, commercial contracts, and all phases of business transactions. Having been a client himself, Mr. Andersen recognizes the importance of providing business and property owners efficient legal solutions to sophisticated and complex issues.
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions and Disputes
- Real Estate Acquisition, Disposition and Development
- Leasing for Retail and Office Buildings
- General Corporate/Business Counseling
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of Law, 2009
- B.A., College of the Holy Cross, 2003
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)