W. Richard Hathaway II
Mr. Hathaway is a member of the firm’s Energy and Natural Resources Services Group. He concentrates his practice on oil and gas law and counsels exploration and production companies with respect to transactional, litigation, title and real estate matters. Mr. Hathaway has extensive experience rendering certified drilling, supplemental and division order title opinions for oil and gas producing properties. His litigation experience includes curative litigation, as he has prosecuted claims under the Pennsylvania Dormant Oil and Gas Act, and has represented clients in quiet title actions. Mr. Hathaway also counsels clients with respect to lease and rights-of-way disputes, and has negotiated leases and rights-of-way and surface use agreements. Mr. Hathaway also represents exploration and production companies in the purchase of oil and gas properties.
- Represented oil and gas clients in the review and analysis of oil and gas title matters in connection with transactional due diligence and operational planning.
- Represented exploration and production companies in petitions under the Pennsylvania Dormant Oil and Gas Act to create trusts in favor of unknown and/or unlocatable oil and gas owners.
- Represented oil and gas client in purchase of oil and gas properties.
Areas of Law/Focus
- Oil & Gas
- Real Estate
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2007
- B.A. University of Pittsburgh, 2003
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 2007
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, 2007
- State of Ohio, 2014
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Independent Oil & Gas Association (PIOGA)
- Michael Late Benedum Chapter of the American Association of Professional Landmen