Mr. Toney is a member of the firm’s Insurance Coverage, Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Corporate Services and Real Estate practice areas.
In his practice, Mr. Toney represents insurance carriers by analyzing coverage issues, monitoring underlying litigation and working with the firm’s litigation department in coverage litigation. Mr. Toney also represents clients in establishing and operating businesses, preparing and negotiating agreements, providing advice concerning business matters, and facilitating real estate transactions.
- Insurance Coverage
- Corporate Services
- Real Estate
- Represented start-up software company in negotiating contracts with vendors and customers and providing legal advice as to company’s operations.
- Represented company in purchase of the real estate and business assets of a for-profit school in Central Pennsylvania.
- Represented real estate holding company in matters concerning operation and management of properties and sales and purchases of properties.
- Represented physician practice in sale of practice.
- Represented shareholder of closely-held corporation in shareholder dispute.
- Represented holder of mortgage in dispute with grantor of mortgage over non-payment.
- J.D., Duquesne University School of Law, 2004, Cum Laude; Managing Editor, Law Review; Thomas J. and Rose Brennan McManus Memorial Scholarship
- B.A., Accounting, Washington and Jefferson College, 2001, Magna Cum Laude
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association