Richard W. Kelly, Jr.
Shareholder and Director
Richard W. Kelly, Jr.
Mr. Kelly is a Shareholder and Director and a member of the firm’s Real Estate, Litigation and Construction Services Groups. His practice focuses on all aspects of real estate and construction, including real estate, construction and financing transactions as well as construction and real estate related litigation. Mr. Kelly has over 30 years of civil, commercial, real estate and construction litigation experience. He also has extensive experience in alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration. Mr. Kelly has represented individuals and companies in state and federal courts and in arbitration and mediation forums. He has been a lecturer on real estate law and construction law for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and other providers of continuing legal education. He was appointed to, and was formerly a member of, the Pennsylvania Joint State Government Commission Advisory Committee on Real Property Law. Mr. Kelly has consistently maintained an AV Preeminent rating – the highest peer rating standard – for legal expertise and ethical standards from the Martindale-Hubble law directory.
Areas of Law/Focus
- Real Estate
- Construction Services
- J.D., Duquesne University School of Law, 1986
- Member of the Duquesne Law Review Editorial Board, 1985-86
- United States District Court academic clerkship, 1985-86
- Allegheny College, B.S., Economics, 1982
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 1986
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, 1986
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 1990
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Association for Justice
(formerly the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association)
- Member, Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Real Property Section of the Pennsylvania
Bar Association and the Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, Civil Litigation Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Allegheny County Bar Association