Mr. Roberts is Senior Counsel and a member of the firm’s Corporate, Estates and Trusts and Real Estate practice areas.
Mr. Roberts’ practice focuses in the area of mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions, joint ventures and corporate and entity counseling for clients ranging from start-ups to multinational corporations. His transactional experience includes representing buyers and sellers in asset and stock purchases, merger and acquisition negotiations, and the drafting of related agreements, as well as negotiation, analysis, and drafting of commercial contracts. In addition, he advises clients with respect to corporate governance issues. He also has extensive experience working with and advising tax-exempt, charitable and community organizations with respect to formation, tax exemption and governance issues. Mr. Roberts has worked extensively with homeowner associations and condominium associations, assisting with the preparation of policies and rules and regulations, including the preparation of Uniform Enforcement Policies and the assessment of fines for violations. He also has worked with supporters of private and religious schools and scholarship organizations wishing to participate in the Pennsylvania Educational Improvement Tax Credit and Scholastic Opportunity Tax Credit Programs, assisting them with the formation of Special Purpose Entities permitted under the programs and the conduct of private placement offerings of membership interests in those SPEs. Mr. Roberts also practices in the area of estate planning and administration, assisting clients with estate planning, estate administration and probate. Additionally, he practices in the area of real estate law, assisting clients with the negotiation of commercial leases and the sale and purchase of commercial, agricultural and residential real estate.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Commercial Transactions
- Corporate Governance
- Counseling Business Entities
- Non-Profit Law
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Real Estate
- J.D., Duquesne University School of Law, 1993
- B.A., History, Duquesne University, 1986
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, Greene County Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors of Pittsburgh Region Clean Cities, Inc.
- Represented physicians’ practice group in the sale of their practice and negotiation of employment agreements with state-wide MSO organization.
- Represented owners of fitness clubs in purchase and sale of franchises.
- Represented specialty pharmacy company in the sale of business.
- Represented equity group in the acquisition of a controlling interest in a manufacturing company.
- Represented financial services company in the sale of business.
- Represented Chinese corporation in the acquisition of a manufacturing business and facility in Pennsylvania.
- Represented a software provider in connection with the sale of the company to a private equity firm.