Ms. James is Senior Counsel and a member of the firm’s Corporate, Energy and Natural Resources and Real Estate practice areas.
Ms. James’ practice focuses on all aspects of real estate and energy matters, including the acquisition, divestiture, and trade of surface and mineral assets. She has extensive experience representing oil and gas companies in connection with real estate acquisitions, title review and large-scale due diligence projects. She also regularly assists clients with a variety of residential and commercial real estate matters, including risk management, deal structuring, and contract drafting and negotiation.
- Real Estate Transactions
- Oil and Gas Acquisitions and Divestitures
- General Corporate Counseling
- Represented publicly-traded oil and gas production company in a consolidation of company’s assets by managing due diligence for a trade covering approximately 10,000 leases and 40,000 acres in West Virginia
- Represented multiple publicly-traded oil and gas production companies in connection with real estate mineral fee and royalty acquisitions by drafting and negotiating all deal documents and overseeing closing procedures
- Represented publicly-traded oil and gas companies in the preparation and delivery of certified title opinions covering assets within Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Ohio.
- J.D. University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2009
- B.A., University of Pittsburgh, 2006 – Economics and Political Science
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, West Virginia Bar Association
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, Energy and Mineral Law Foundation
- Member, Women’s Energy Network