Mr. Fiske is a Shareholder of the firm and a member of the firm’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution and Employment practice areas.
His practice includes general civil, commercial and construction litigation matters in both state and federal court. Mr. Fiske has extensive experience in handling complex breach of contract actions, real estate disputes, employment litigation and general liability matters, and a track record of securing beneficial and cost-effective results for his clients. Based on his professional achievements and peer recognition, Mr. Fiske has been selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers Magazine as a 2019 Pennsylvania Rising Star, a distinction given to fewer than 2.5% of all Pennsylvania attorneys.
Mr. Fiske has represented numerous shareholder clients, including company founders and minority owners, in complicated disputes involving claims of minority oppression, breaches of fiduciary duties and securities violations, among others. His command of the law in this area and steadfast advocacy for his clients has helped him repeatedly secure beneficial relief in the form of emergency and preliminary injunctions resulting in the appointment of operating custodians, the reinstatement of managers, the liquidation of assets, and the enforcement of buy-sell provisions in the relevant governing documents, all in furtherance of protecting his clients’ continuing corporate rights. Mr. Fiske’s successful efforts in obtaining significant pre-trial relief highlight his tenacity and desire to secure practical and efficient results for his clients by quickly abating the offending conduct, preserving the clients’ role in the company and protecting the value of the underlying business enterprise at all costs. He also has significant experience in handling transactional matters that arise out of shareholder disputes, including the drafting, negotiation and implementation of separation and interest transfer agreements by and amongst corporate owners.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Fiske worked for two different Pittsburgh litigation firms, representing clients in matters involving commercial disputes, insurance coverage issues, construction litigation, products liability actions, and False Claims Act cases. Mr. Fiske resides in Regent Square with his wife and their young son and dog where he enjoys spending time outdoors and in Frick Park.
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Oil & Gas Litigation
- Obtained one of the largest jury awards in Mercer County, Pennsylvania history on behalf of a client in a breach of contract action against a Texas-based oil and gas company where the client organized a large landowner group in Mercer County and secured the Texas company’s agreement to lease approximately 60,000 acres of oil and gas rights in the county and the company failed to honor its obligations under the agreement.
- Represented a company founder in an action seeking to block the co-owner’s efforts to “freeze” the founder out of the company, ultimately succeeding in reinstating the founder as an officer in the company and forcing the co-owner to institute a buy-sell process that resulted in his own termination and sale of his company interests.
- Negotiated a favorable resolution for our client, a large title insurance company, in a matter involving a homeowner’s claim that a right-of-way containing several oil and gas transmission lines bisecting the property rendered the property worthless.
- Represented the minority shareholder in a dispute involving the control of a company that owned a large, luxury apartment complex in the City of Pittsburgh and successfully sought the appointment of a custodian that was responsible for securing a favorable sale of the apartment complex, resulting in a significant cash buy-out of the client which was well in excess of its initial contribution to the project.
- Successfully represented a physician in breach of contract and Pennsylvania Wage Payment and Collection Law claims against his former hospital employer, ultimately obtaining summary judgment in the client’s favor and a significant award including unpaid wages and attorneys’ fees.
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2010
- B.A., English, University at Buffalo, 2007
- ALLEGHENY COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION – Gender Identity and Public Restrooms: The Burgeoning Battle Over Bathroom Building, June 15, 2018
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association