Mr. Seitanakis is a Shareholder and Director of the firm, Chair of the Technology Transactions practice area, and a member of the firm’s Privacy and Cyber Security, Corporate Services, Financial Services and Employment practice areas.
Mr. Seitanakis provides results-oriented outside general counsel to software and technology companies and companies acquiring software and technology in complex corporate transactions. His experience serving in various in-house positions during his 20+ years of practice prior to joining the firm gives him a unique perspective into how companies operate, prioritize, and balance risks and rewards consistent with corporate objectives. Mr. Seitanakis has been an active member of business leadership teams within corporations throughout his career and understands how to provide practical, actionable and understandable legal advice to enable better decision-making.
Mr. Seitanakis’ prior in-house experience includes service as General Counsel of Directworks, a company that provided cloud-based software and services for direct materials sourcing. He also ran the CX-Energy business unit for Directworks. In addition, Mr. Seitanakis served as in-house counsel at FreeMarkets, ThermoFisher Scientific, PNC, and Federated Investors.
- Technology, e-Commerce and Software Transactions
- Cloud-based Software-as-a-Service Agreements
- Joint Development Agreements
- Channel Sales Arrangements
- Corporate Governance and Board Matters
- Export Control Matters
- Federal, State and Local Government Contracts
- Financing Transactions
- Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Employee Matters
- Power and Natural Gas Purchasing Transactions
- Oil and Gas Leasing Transactions
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh, School of Law, 1993
- B.B.A., University of Michigan, 1988
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, Rotary Club of Upper St. Clair & Bethel Park