Mr. Jarrell is a Managing Shareholder and Director of the firm, Chair of the Energy and Natural Resources practice area and a member of the Corporate Services and Financial Services practice areas.
Since well before the shale boom, Mr. Jarrell has assisted energy industry players in formulating and executing their business strategies through asset and equity acquisitions and divestitures, capital structuring, general operations, and business planning. He counsels his oil and gas clients, including international majors and regional and private equity-infused firms, in connection with negotiation and drafting of purchase and sale agreements, joint ventures, development agreements, farmouts, operating agreements, and other contracts. He also regularly represents industry clients in connection with large scale land title due diligence matters, title certifications, regulatory matters, land use tension, contract and commercial litigation, and other issues. Additionally, Mr. Jarrell has extensive general corporate and transactional experience and has counseled clients ranging from individual entrepreneurs to well-funded business entities through all aspects of a business’s lifespan.
- Corporate and Transactional
- Emerging Technology
- Commercial Credit Recovery and Workouts
- Estate Planning
- Represented multiple private oil and gas production companies in connection with capitalizations, land management matters, operations, asset acquisitions and divestitures, acreage swaps, joint operating and development relationships and distressed asset management involving hundreds of thousands of mineral acres valued in excess of $1 billion.
- Represented family office-backed oil and gas company in connection with outside investment in Appalachian Basin shale drilling program involving assets valued in excess of $400 million.
- Represented multiple private equity investors in investments in dozens of shale well packages throughout Appalachian Basin.
- Drafted form documents adopted by oil and gas companies for use within the Appalachian Basin, including oil and gas leases, farmout agreements, rights of way for pipelines, roadways, compressor stations and other operational facilities, water use agreements, and joint development agreements.
- Represented several mineral fee-focused private equity funds in connection with private placement, capitalization, and asset acquisitions and divestitures.
- Represented international oil company in connection with title due diligence involving more than 450 leases and a transaction value in excess of $4 billion.
- Drafted and negotiated definitive documents and represented management team in joint venture with acreage-contributing partner and capital-contributing partner to create oil and gas acreage aggregation play.
- Managed the drafting and delivery of certified title opinions and oil and gas title due diligence reports for regional and international oil and gas companies with significant operations within the Appalachian Basin.
- Represents several startup oilfield services companies in connection with all aspects of business, including capitalization, transactional, operational, equity incentives, contractual matters and corporate governance matters.
- J.D., Washington and Lee University School of Law, 2000
- B.A., Political Science, West Virginia University, 1997
Professional and Community Activities
- Member, Energy and Mineral Law Foundation
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Director, Riverview Childrens’ Center