Mark O. Scioscia
Mark O. Scioscia
Mr. Scioscia is a Director of the firm and a member of the firm’s Corporate, Estates and Trusts, and Employment Services Groups. Mr. Scioscia’s practice includes counseling incorporated and unincorporated business entities on a wide range of legal issues such as entity formation, regulatory matters, reorganization, and financing; representing both buyers and sellers in asset and stock based acquisitions, divestitures and mergers; representing physicians and physician practice groups in employment, business and estate planning matters; tax law and estate planning.
After receiving his LLM in taxation, Mr. Scioscia spent nine years with the Aluminum Company of America specializing in corporate and international taxation. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Scioscia was a co-founder and principal in several start-up ventures.
- Represented a publicly traded company in connection with various strategic acquisitions.
- Represented a private investor group in their acquisition of a local manufacturing company.
- Represented a privately-held company in connection with its redemption of its majority shareholders.
- Represented a non-profit corporation with the formation of a community theater company.
- Represented a SAAS technology company in various venture capital financings.
- Represented numerous physicians in connection with their employment agreements and estate planning needs.
- Represented numerous high net worth individuals with their estate planning and in connection with various real estate and business transactions.
Areas of Law/Focus
- Corporate Law
- Counseling Business Entities
- Corporate Governance
- Employment Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Retail and Consumer Financial Services
- Regulatory Compliance
- Estate Planning
- L.L.M., Taxation, University of Florida, 1980 Richard B. Stephens Scholar
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 1978
- B.S., Economics, Allegheny College, 1975 Cum Laude
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 1978
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association