Ms. Datesh is Of Counsel with the firm and a member of the firm’s Corporate, Real Estate, Energy and Natural Resources, and Financial Services Groups. She has partnered with and served on executive teams throughout her 30+-year career and appreciates the need to embrace her client’s business objectives, to assess and mitigate risks, to be clear and definitive in providing advice, and to move at the speed of business. Ms. Datesh has worked at law firms and has held a number of executive positions and in-house counsel roles, including VP-Enterprise Risk & Land Resources for CONSOL Energy. At CONSOL, LuAnn worked on hundreds of energy-related mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, and surface use and midstream transactions totaling in excess of $11B.
- $3.4B acquisition of natural gas business, including over 1.5MM shale acres.
- $3.8B JV partnerships encompassing 863,000 undeveloped gas acres and midstream operations.
- $385MM CONE MLP, with over 5,000 miles of pipelines.
- $3.5B sale of 5 mines for $1B cash and royalties and assumption of $2.4B of liabilities.
- CONSOL – Pittsburgh Penguins Naming Rights and Sponsorship Agreement.
- Retail leases, master concession and construction contracts at 6 U.S. airports.
- $99MM sale of bridge division and $18MM sale of steel plant.
Areas of Law/Focus
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Real Estate Development, Leasing, Title, Construction and Financing
- Joint Development and Surface Use
- Corporate Counseling, Governance Risk Management and Board Matters
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 1983
- M.P.A., University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public and International Affairs, 1978 –Summa Cum Laude
- B.A., Anthropology, University of Pittsburgh, 1977 – Summa Cum Laude
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 1983
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, 1983
Professional & Community Activities
- Director of Erie Indemnity Company
- Member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member – PBA – Women in the Profession Committee
- Fellow of the Allegheny County Bar Foundation