Jeremy C. Brown
Jeremy C. Brown
Mr. Brown is a member of the firm’s Energy and Natural Resources, Corporate, Cyber Security, Financial and Real Estate Services Groups. Mr. Brown’s practice includes representation of energy clients in the acquisition divestiture of oil, gas and mineral assets, title matters and certifications, counseling in connection with oil and gas related litigation, and negotiation of pipeline rights-of-way. His practice also entails general commercial and corporate matters, including commercial real estate leasing, due diligence activities in connection with mergers and acquisitions, and real estate as well as oil and gas transactions. He also counsels financial institutions and related business clients on various aspects of multi-state and federal consumer credit and retail financial services as well as compliance with consumer lending laws and regulations. Prior to receiving his law degree, Mr. Brown worked as a litigation paralegal at Palmer & Dodge, LLP in Boston and as a litigation case manager at Cravath, Swaine & Moore, LLP in New York.
- Represents Appalachian Basin-based oil and gas clients in the review and analysis of oil and gas title matters in connection with transactional due diligence.
- Represents a landlord of a 750,000+ square foot office building in connection with various corporate and leasing matters.
- Represented a publicly-held company in connection with various domestic and international strategic acquisitions.
- Represented an international financial services provider in connection with various regulatory matters, including development of credit products and internet payment systems.
- Represented a regional bank in connection with the acquisition of a “Top 100” Mortgage Company and
Areas of Law/Focus
- Oil and Gas
- Consumer Financial Services
- Consumer Lending Laws and Regulations
- Leasing for Commercial and Office Buildings
- Corporate Transactions
- General Corporate Counseling
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2010 Magna Cum Laude; Order of the Coif; Managing Editor, Journal of Law and Commerce; Civil Litigation Certificate
- B.A., Political Science, Boston University, 2003
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, 2010
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Board Member and Volunteer, Thrive Advisory Board of the Greater Pittsburgh Literacy Council