Jennifer P. Richnafsky
Jennifer P. Richnafsky
Ms. Richnafsky is a member of the firm’s Litigation and Financial Services Groups. She is engaged in a diverse commercial litigation practice with considerable experience with all aspects of the litigation case cycle, including extensive discovery and briefing, along with participation in depositions and trial. Ms. Richnafsky has conducted legal research and is knowledgeable on a broad assortment of topics, including proximate causation, breach of contract, fiduciary duties and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. She has reviewed and negotiated documents containing complex corporate and financial data, organized regulatory investigations and frequently represented highly-regulated clients. Ms. Richnafsky has conducted audits of commercial documentation and corporate practices for purposes of identifying potential violations, negotiating settlement agreements and planning litigation strategies.
- Civil & Commercial Litigation
- Regulatory Investigations
- Retail and Consumer Financial Services
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 2009
- M.Phil., University of Cambridge, Linguistics, 2006,
- B.A., Columbia University, History & Psychology, 2004,
Summa Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa
- New York State, 2011
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 2013
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Represented an interdealer broker in a New Jersey RICO action from the beginning of discovery through a four-month trial. Formulated and argued economic damage theories based on lost profits and decreased market capitalization.
- Oversaw fact investigation and witness preparation and second-chaired the client’s primary witness interview in connection with DOJ and FSA investigations arising from the LIBOR price-fixing scandal.
- Drafted submissions and negotiated settlement agreements with the SEC for prospective SEC enforcement actions arising from alleged violations of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
- Scrutinized stock exchange rules, organized document productions and drafted discovery responses in a federal action concerning the trading ahead of securities on four major stock exchanges.
- Managed document productions, prepared presentations and analyzed payment flows for an international technology company in connection with an FCPA investigation run by the SEC and DOJ.