Holly S. McCann
Holly S. McCann
Ms. McCann is a member of the firm’s Corporate Services Group. Ms. McCann’s practice focuses on the area of corporate, partnership and individual business and tax law, especially relating to small and medium-sized businesses. In addition, Ms. McCann’s practice concentrates on issues relating to the taxation and regulation of non-profit corporations, including formation and dissolution issues as well as unrelated business taxable income and structuring issues. Ms. McCann also has experience dealing with the tax and related issues surrounding the formation of captive insurance companies, and aircraft acquisitions.
- Represented tax-exempt entities in applying for and obtaining real estate tax exemptions in various counties in Pennsylvania.
- Represented businesses and individuals in collection matters and income tax appeals with the IRS and the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue.
- Represented non-profit clients in all stages of the process of obtaining IRS tax exemptions.
- Represented businesses and individuals in the acquisition, structuring, and tax matters relating to aircraft acquisitions.
Areas of Law/Focus
- Tax Law
- Non-profit Law
- Corporate Law
- J.D., Duquesne University School of Law, 1994, Law Review, Cum Laude
- B.S., Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, 1986, Magna Cum Laude
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 1994
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, Pittsburgh Tax Club