Mr. Nelson is Of Counsel to the firm and a member of the firm’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Corporate Services, Financial Services, Corporate Services, Real Estate and Energy and Natural Resources practice areas. Mr. Nelson’s transactional practice spans decades and experiences ranging from loan and corporate finance transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and real estate lending and acquisitions.
In the respected publications “Best Lawyers in America” and “Super Lawyers in Pennsylvania”, Mr. Nelson’s peers have selected him to be among the lawyers recognized for his work in the area of Creditors’ Rights, in which Mr. Nelson blends his M & A work when representing buyers or sellers of assets in bankruptcy cases. Among his other bankruptcy and litigation engagements, Mr. Nelson represents the future claimants’ representative in an on-going mass tort bankruptcy case, a unique proceeding highlighting intersections between complex legal issues and the dynamics of multi-party negotiations. Contributing to Sherrard, German & Kelly’s long tradition of community service by its members, Mr. Nelson has served as a member of the Allegheny County Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee (Past Chair), of a Hearing Panel of the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania (Past Panel Chair), and of the Board of Trustees of the synagogue of which he and his family are long-time members.
- Corporate Law
- Commercial Lending
- Creditor’s Rights and Bankruptcy Law
- J.D. University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- B.B.A., Economics, Kent State University
Professional and Community Activities
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Affiliate, Commercial Finance Association
- Former Chair and Member, Allegheny County Bar Association’s Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee
- Former Chair, Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Bankruptcy Committee
- Member, Hearing Committee of the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania (1993-1999; 2000-2006)