Erin E. Milliken
Erin E. Milliken
Ms. Milliken is a member of the firm’s Insurance Coverage Services Group. Ms. Milliken represents primary and excess carriers in various complex insurance coverage matters with an emphasis on policies issued to fiduciaries, officers and directors, investment companies, banks, mutual funds, insurance companies and various professionals.
Ms. Milliken’s practice includes representing carriers in monitoring and assessing underlying claims and analyzing and rendering coverage advice. Ms. Milliken also assists the firm’s litigation department in representing carriers in coverage litigation including the filing and defending of declaratory judgment actions in state and federal court.
Represented large national insurance carriers in the handling of
- Market timing and late trading activities brought against the mutual fund industry.
- Alleged improprieties involving the marketing and sale of various life insurance and annuity products brought against the insurance industry.
- Various subprime lending activities brought against the banking industry.
- ERISA tag-along actions brought against various companies in connection with stock drop claims.
Areas of Law/Focus
- Insurance Coverage
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Magna Cum Laude; Order of the Coif; Associate Editor, University of Pittsburgh Journal of Law and Commerce
- B.A., Political Science and Spanish, Grove City College
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 2000
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, Professional Liability Underwriters Society