Mr. Springer is a Managing Shareholder and Director as well as the President of the firm.
He is primarily responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the business of the firm as well as its strategic initiatives and finances. He is a member of the firm’s Corporate, Real Estate and Financial Services Groups. Mr. Springer’s practice includes a wide range of corporate and financial institution services. Mr. Springer frequently serves as outside corporate counsel to mid-sized, privately-held companies in mergers and acquisitions, divestiture and restructure transactions and related financing transactions. He also represents family offices in an array of corporate, transactional, governance, real estate, succession planning and other administrative and management matters. He has also been retained on numerous occasions as a corporate and bank turnaround and management consultant. In addition to representing financial institutions, Mr. Springer represents companies involved with manufacturing, logistics and distribution, transportation, healthcare, construction and real estate investment, and works closely with financing sources as well as investment banking, accounting, wealth management, and other consulting firms.
- Represented Triangle Fastener Corporation, a leading supplier and distributor of commercial construction products with 23 branch locations in 15 states and revenue of over $70 million, in the sale of 100% of its stock to a U.S. subsidiary of SFS Group AG, a European public company headquartered in Switzerland.
- Represented privately held industrial engineering and manufacturing company in sale of assets and related executive employment agreements and consulting agreements for the shareholders of the seller.
- Represented shareholders of regional law firm in succession planning, and shareholder redemption.
- Represented public company in finance transactions related to public and private company acquisitions.
- Represented regional construction company in forbearance, restructure, turnaround and refinance of restructured business.
- Represented regional student transportation company in acquisition of similar transportation company to expand company footprint.
- Represented bus dealership franchise in negotiation of exclusive dealership franchise arrangement.
- Represented regional financial institution in wire transfer fraud matter.
- Represented family office in acquisition of real estate investment in Florida.
- Represented regional manufacturer in winddown of operations, spinoff and sale of segregated business assets.
- Represented family office in negotiation with limited partner involving dispute over restructure and recapitalization of partnership for high rise residential apartment complex.
- Represented family office in ownership restructure and succession planning.
- Represented family office in ownership restructure and contracts for aircraft ownership, management, dry lease and other requirements for FAA and IRS compliance.
- Represented purchaser of the Buffalo Bills in the acquisition as well as the finance of the purchase of the NFL franchise by JPMorgan Chase Bank.
- Represented owner of Buffalo Sabres in financing transaction with JPMorgan Chase Bank.
- Represented national distribution and logistics company in $130 million syndicated refinancing.
- Represented regional construction products supplier in acquisition by larger supplier and negotiated related consulting agreement, employment agreements, and leases on real properties.
- Represented public company in $325 million syndicated credit facility in connection with its acquisition of several related target companies with operations in Europe, China and the United States.
- Represented regional construction company in negotiation and strategic sale of assets, as well as assets of affiliated construction services company to a company providing complementary construction services. Sale also involved restructure, spin-off and sale of related affiliate company.
- Engaged as a consultant to financial institution under a Cease and Desist Order by the FDIC.
- Represented closely held company in connection with restructure and succession planning.
- Represents financial institutions in commercial loan real estate and acquisition financing transactions.
- J.D., Duquesne University School of Law, 1989
- B.A., Political Science, Allegheny College, 1986 Cum Laude
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Emeritus Board Member and Former Executive Committee Member and Capital Campaign Committee Co-Chairman, HEARTH
- Board Member and former President, Financial Industries Network
- Member, Turnaround Management Association
- Member, Association for Corporate Growth
- Member, The Duquesne Club