Ms. Brunins is Of Counsel to the firm and a member of the firm’s Corporate Services and Privacy and Cyber Security practice areas.
Ms. Brunins’ practice focuses in the area of counseling business entities, commercial transactions, data and technology contracts, and advertising and marketing law for clients ranging from start-ups, small and middle market entities to large international corporations. She serves in an “outside general counsel” role for clients lacking in-house legal departments, and she represents in-house counsel in niche and specialty areas in an array of contract specialties, including master service agreements, non-disclosure agreements, consulting arrangements, data protection addenda, point-of-sale systems, license agreements, purchasing agreements and Software-as-a-Service agreements.
Ms. Brunins also practices in the specialized area of advertising and marketing law. She works with clients on promotional offers, gift cards, coupons, and giveaways as well as more sophisticated sweepstakes and contest matters requiring registration and bonding. Her representation includes drafting and review of social media campaigns, sweepstakes and contest official rules, affidavits and advertising copy as well as counseling marketing campaigns from inception to completion. Ms. Brunins routinely provides training seminars for clients and their business teams on advertising, promotions, environmental marketing, and endorsements and testimonials.
- Counseling Business Entities
- Commercial Transactions
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Data Protection
- Software, Cloud & as-as-Service Technologies
- Advertising, Marketing & Promotions
- Environmental Marketing
- Prepared an international retailer for restructuring and counseled its general counsel and business team regarding data, indemnity, ongoing liability, and customer issues anticipated in connection with the deal.
- Represented hospitality industry clients in hotel management agreement drafting and negotiation, service contracts, franchise agreements, loan documentation and day-to-day management issues.
- Represented the largest independent hotel management company in significant due diligence review and response process in connection with multiple sale, acquisition and merger transactions at the corporate level and in the acquisition, development, and disposition of properties throughout the United States.
- Provided guidance for a large casino company regarding comprehensive records retention compliance.
- Prepared complete suite of corporate form agreements for media and advertising company, including master services agreement, confidentiality agreement/NDA, release agreement, and freelance agreement.
- Counseled $1 billion North American retailer on rollout of e-commerce platform, related policies and compliance issues.
- Coordinated, registered, bonded, and prepared materials for a number of consumer food and products companies for contests and sweepstakes.
- Educated a Fortune 250 chemicals company’s marketing and research teams on environmental marketing initiatives.
- Assisted numerous retailers in social media promotions, including blogger agreements and endorsements and testimonials.
- J.D., Marshall-Wythe School of Law at the College of William and Mary, 2003
- M.B.A., Raymond A. Mason School of Business at the College of William and Mary, 2003
- M.S., University of Virginia, 1999
- B.A., University of Virginia, 1988
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, The Women’s Board of Pittsburgh
- Board of Directors, The District Association