Christopher J. Davis
Christopher J. Davis
Mr. Davis is a member of the firm’s Litigation, Construction, Energy and Natural Resources, and Real Estate Services Groups. His practice primarily consists of representing clients in a variety of civil and commercial litigation matters, with representative cases involving issues ranging from shareholder disputes to preliminary injunctions to mechanics’ liens to property disputes. Mr. Davis has represented clients and tried cases in state and federal courts as well as in numerous arbitration hearings. He has also represented clients before the American Arbitration Association and has handled several workers’ compensation cases in which he has represented both employers and employees. Due to his significant experience and regular success with dispositive motions in court, Mr. Davis has routinely saved his clients significant time and costs so that quicker and more cost-beneficial outcomes are achieved. Through his practice, Mr. Davis is well-versed in representing and counseling both plaintiffs and defendants in numerous types of disputes and forums.
- Represented Fortune 500 company in the food services industry in connection with various contractual engagements, resulting in collection and receipt of money owed.
- Represented NYSE-listed national real estate company with respect to litigation involving different tenants at local popular entertainment complex.
- Represented nationally-known company in the banking services industry relative to breaches of financing agreements, resulting in recovery of collateral and payments.
- Represented regional strategic information technology company in litigation involving trade secrets and preliminary injunction, resulting in court order in favor of client.
- Represented local excavating company and its principal in litigation involving ownership and shareholder issues, resulting in a trial and favorable resolution.
- Represented local manufacturer of truck bed liners in arbitration case involving an asset purchase agreement, resulting in successful arbitration award in favor of client.
- Represented local oil and gas company in litigation over ownership and title to gas wells.
- Represented regional company providing services to the midstream gas industry in litigation involving mechanics’ lien claim, resulting in payment of money to client.
- Injunctive Relief
- Shareholder Disputes
- Mechanics’ Lien Claims
- Collection Matters
- Workers’ Compensation
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2004
- B.A., Government, University of Virginia, 1999
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 2004
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 2009
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors of North Allegheny Soccer Club
- Past Member, Board of Managers of Baierl Family YMCA