Mr. Boyer is a Shareholder and Director of the firm and an active member of the firm’s Energy and Natural Resources, Privacy and Cyber Security, and Real Estate practice groups.
Brian advises energy clients in connection with various business and regulatory matters, including the acquisition and divestiture of oil, gas and mineral assets, permitting, unit operations and development, and the negotiation and drafting of leases, easements and rights of way, joint operating agreements, and purchase and sale agreements. He also regularly represents exploration and production companies in connection with regulatory matters, lease disputes, contract and real estate litigation, and title issues.
Relying on a background in Systems Analysis, Brian also counsels clients with respect to state and federal data privacy issues including FTC, CCPA and GDPR compliance, and drafting privacy policies. He has experience supporting clients during data breach incidents with response protocols and ensuring compliance with legal obligations and procedures. He is a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals and a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US).
- Oil and Gas Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Regulatory Compliance
- Privacy and Cyber Security Counseling
- Real Estate Transactions
- General Corporate Counseling
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2007 – Certificate in Intellectual Property and Technology Law
- M.B.A., University of Pittsburgh, Katz Graduate School of Business, 2007
- B.S., Miami University, 2004 – Systems Analysis
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Ohio Oil and Gas Association
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals (CIPP/US Certification)
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Ohio Bar Association
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Represents oil and gas production companies in Unitization proceedings before the Ohio Department of Natural Resources.
- Manages the drafting and delivery of certified title opinions and for public and private oil and gas production companies with significant operations in Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia.
- Assists oil and gas clients in the review and analysis of oil and gas title matters in connection with asset inventory projects, transactional due diligence, operational planning and division order preparation.
- Represents investors in the acquisition of oil, gas and mineral properties throughout Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia.
- Represented privately-held oil and gas production company in unwinding of joint oil and gas development program and exchange of over $100 million of oil and gas assets.
- Advised publicly-traded oil and gas production company in conducting due diligence for the acquisition of over 50,000 acres of oil and gas assets in Ohio.
- Represented privately-held specialty metals processing company in the acquisition of an industrial facilities site and securing of financing from a regional redevelopment authority.