Mr. Boyer is a Shareholder and Director of the firm and a member of the firm’s Energy and Natural Resources, Real Estate and Privacy and Cyber Security practice areas.
He concentrates his practice on oil and gas, real estate, and privacy and cyber security matters. Mr. Boyer advises oil and gas clients in connection with various business and regulatory matters, including the acquisition and divestiture of oil, gas and mineral assets, permitting, unit operations and development, and the negotiation and drafting of leases, easements and rights of way, joint operating agreements, and purchase and sale agreements. He also regularly counsels clients regarding lease disputes, contract and real estate litigation, and title issues.
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Privacy and Cyber Security
- Real Estate
- Regulatory Matters
- Represents oil and gas production companies in Unitization proceedings before the Ohio Department of Natural Resources.
- Manages the drafting and delivery of certified title opinions and for public and private oil and gas production companies with significant operations in Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia.
- Assists oil and gas clients in the review and analysis of oil and gas title matters in connection with asset inventory projects, transactional due diligence, operational planning and division order preparation.
- Represents investors in the acquisition of oil, gas and mineral properties throughout Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia.
- Represented privately-held oil and gas production company in unwinding of joint oil and gas development program and exchange of over $100 million of oil and gas assets.
- Assisted publicly traded oil and gas production company in conducting due diligence for the acquisition of over 50,000 acres of oil and gas assets in Ohio.
- Represented privately-held specialty metals processing company in the acquisition of an industrial facilities site and securing of financing from a regional redevelopment authority.
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2007 – Certificate – IP and Technology Law
- M.B.A., University of Pittsburgh, Katz Graduate School of Business, 2007
- B.S., Miami University, 2004 – Systems Analysis
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Ohio Bar Association
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- CIPP/US Certification