Brandon T. Uram
Brandon T. Uram
Mr. Uram is a member of the firm’s Corporate, Real Estate, Construction, Energy and Natural Resources, and Litigation Services Groups. Mr. Uram is a business attorney who is a fierce, professional advocate for his clients. Through creativity, thoroughness, and expertise, Mr. Uram is able to craft solutions to his clients’ most complex and important legal issues. Based on his professional achievements and peer recognition, Mr. Uram has been selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers Magazine as a 2019 Pennsylvania Rising Star, a distinction given to fewer than 2.5% of all Pennsylvania attorneys.
Mr. Uram focuses a significant portion of his practice on high-stakes commercial litigation and appeals, with a particular emphasis on construction disputes; shareholder derivative actions; corporate governance and deal litigation; oil and gas matters; and contract and tort actions. In his corporate practice, Mr. Uram provides strategic counseling to businesses, boards of directors, shareholders, and individuals. He routinely drafts and negotiates contracts and provides insight, advice, and services on corporate governance/M&A, risk avoidance/mitigation, and claim preservation/prosecution. Mr. Uram has extensive experience with both litigation and transactions involving the construction and development industries, including mall developments/redevelopments, schools, water treatment plants, bridges, roads, pipelines, retaining walls, hotels, commercial properties, restaurants, and private residences.
By coupling his litigation practice with his corporate and strategic counseling experience, Mr. Uram is able to provide his clients with practical, efficient, and, most critically, effective legal advice at all stages of the business lifecycle.
Mr. Uram graduated cum laude from Duquesne University School of Law, where he served as an Editor on the Duquesne Business Law Journal. While in law school, Mr. Uram earned CALI Excellence Awards in both Contracts and Civil Procedure, was named a Dean’s Scholar, was a member of the Appellate Moot Court Board, and was a member of the Federal Litigation Clinic. He was also chosen to be the renowned Dr. John Murray’s research assistant, where, among other projects, Mr. Uram assisted in Dr. Murray’s revision to Volume 10 (Breach of Contract) to the landmark Corbin on Contracts Treatise. Mr. Uram graduated magna cum laude from the University of Pittsburgh with dual degrees (Economics and Political Science). While at Pitt, Mr. Uram competed on the nationally-ranked club baseball team, where he earned First-Team All-Region honors as a third baseman.
Areas of Law/Focus
- Real Estate
- Oil & Gas
- Litigated a complex and contentious shareholder derivative action that led to the client recovering nearly $8 million
- Prosecuted a six-figure mechanics’ lien claim that resulted in the contractor-client obtaining relief in excess of the amount liened
- Represented a client against his former employer (a well-known golf club) in an employment arbitration proceeding that resulted in a significant settlement on the eve of the arbitration hearing
- Persuaded the Superior Court to dissolve an injunction and vacate a trial court order that had been entered against a national manufacturing client
- Represented an oil and natural gas exploration company in its dispute regarding its joint operating agreement.
- Duquesne University, Cum Laude
- University of Pittsburgh, Magna Cum Laude
- Pennsylvania’s Crumbling Underground Infrastructure—Out of Sight, Out of Mind?, BREAKING GROUND, January/February 2018 (coauthored with Edward B. Gentilcore, Esq.)
- America’s Crumbling Underground Infrastructure—Out of Sight, Out of Mind. . . . Is There a Solution?, ABA FORUM ON CONSTRUCTION LAW NEWSLETTER, Summer 2018 (coauthored with Edward B. Gentilcore, Esq.)
- PENNSYLVANIA BAR INSTITUTE—A Day on Real Estate: Construction Contract Drafting for Owners, Developers, & Tenants (March 1, 2019)
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2018
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association (Construction Law Section – Elected Council Member, 3-year term)
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Forum on Construction Law)
- Young Professional Advisory Board Member, Emmaus Community of Pittsburgh